Protect your company network against ransomware attacks with Trend Micro. After the WANNACRY attack in May 2017, there was a new worldwide ransomware released based on the PEYTA variant on the 27th of June,.
Read here the recommendations of Trend Micro to help you stop the PEYTA attack
What steps do I need to take to reduce the risk of infection?
Implement these best practices:
- Patch and update your systems, or consider a virtual patching solution.
- Enable your firewalls as well as intrusion detection and prevention systems.
- Proactively monitor and validate traffic going in and out of the network.
- Implement security mechanisms for other points of entry attackers can use, such as email and websites.
- Deploy application control to prevent suspicious files from executing on top of behavior monitoring that can thwart unwanted modifications to the system.
- Employ data categorization and network segmentation to mitigate further exposure and damage to data.
- Disable SMB (v1) on vulnerable machines – using either GPO or by following the instructions provided by Microsoft.
- Ensure that all of the latest patches (if possible using Virtual Patching solution) are applied to affected operating systems – especially the ones related to MS17-010.
Protect your organization using Trend Micro Products
Trend Micro recommends a layered security approach on endpoint, messaging, and gateway, to ensure that all potential entry and compromise points have protection against these types of threats:
- Trend Micro Smart Protection Complete Suite
(The leader in Gartner Magic Quadrant for endpoint protection)
- Trend Micro Deep Security and Vulnerability Protection
(formerly the IDF plug-in for OfficeScan)
- Trend Micro Deep Discovery Inspector
- Trend Micro TippingPoint
Trend Micro highly recommends that vendor critical patches are applied as soon as possible upon release. Customers and partners who may need some additional information or have questions are encouraged to contact their authorized Trend Micro technical support representative for further assistance.
Should you require product support, please contact your regional support team or authorized Trend Micro support representative. For more information on how to get in contact with your regional support team, visit success.trendmicro.com
and select "Contact Support” or send an email to Bruno.email@example.com